So, it's been a long past five days. I'll go into detail below but this has helped kind of kick me in the ass to get my shit in gear and get going.
The Loss of a Friend
My group of friends have been friends since middle/high school. There are about ten guys and I'm the only girl that hangs around that has been there since middle/high school. I had a major falling out with them over a bunch of bullshit with them treating my boyfriend like shit with their D&D Weekly meet-up group (he's also part of this batch of friends) and just not being good friends. I hadn't spoken to any of them in about seven months.
Late on Wednesday the boyfriend got a call that Chris, one of our friends had passed away. I'm still processing and not sure what to feel seeing as how I was so angry with him (and most of them) for such a long time and I just feel...strange. We've been spending a lot of time together which has been great and very healing. Last night we went through his stuff and distributed it amongst each other which was hard and weird. He has really no family left so it's up to us to plan his wake which has been difficult, but we'll get through.
I googled "Things that make me smile" and this
came up and I found it quite relevant to the Blog.
Why is this relevant to this blog?
"Okay, you had a friend die, that sucks, but this is a diet and exercise blog why are you telling us this?" I'm sharing this story because he passed due to complications from obesity. We had noticed him getting heavier and not being able to be as active for years, and while many of us tried to step in and help him he just wouldn't accept it. Like they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. The night they found him they were planning on dragging him to a hospital to get him help but it was too late.
This has scared the shit out of me. I am not obese. I'm no where close (I don't think or look like it, but on the BMI scale who knows lol). But I don't want this to be me.
Exercise
So I haven't been able to stick to my exercise schedule as it's written due to the craziness that's been going on, but I have completed all my exercises I was supposed to for the week. Friday was supposed to be cardio and Saturday was supposed to be flexibility so I just knocked them both out today. I'm tired of my legs being tired lol, but the cardio is getting easier.
Food
Today I went grocery shopping. I picked up stuff for sandwiches (with whole wheat bread), stuff for breakfast smoothies, snacks and a fuck ton of chicken because it was on sale. I'm still in the process of tweaking my Alton Brown diet plan, although now I'm drinking a smoothie from his Diet show and I'll share the recipe below. It's quite delicious!
Buff Smoothie
Ingredients:
- 4 ounces plain, low-fat soy milk
- 4 ounces acai, grape, or pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces frozen banana
- 4 ounces frozen strawberries
- 4 ounces frozen blueberries
- 4 ounces frozen peaches
- Before bed combine everything in blender carafe and refrigerate.
- In the morning blend.
- Drink!
My store was out of peaches so I used Pineapple, pretty tasty and. I also used acai juice.
Goodbye
That's it. I'll try and update soon.
Oh lady, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
ReplyDeleteIf you need anything don't hesitate to reach out.